Updated: Jul 23, 2020
As CBD grows in popularity, more and more people have begun asking questions about it and enquiring to see whether it is the right fit for them or not. One of the most commonly asked questions is: how long do the effects of CBD last? Let us answer your question today.
The important thing to remember about CBD’s effect is that there is no one-size-fits-all answer. CBD has a different effect on everyone depending on a variety of factors. However, there are still some ways to establish how long CBD can last. We can provide some guidelines for those.
Some CBD consumers will take time to show effects when you are new to it
If this is your first-time using CBD, most people will feel an immediate relief to pain, anxiety, ADHD, and fibromyalgia within 30 minutes of consumption. Others will have to be patient before seeing the effects in the decrease of high blood pressure and diabetes as the body takes some time to adjust to CBD. So, be sure to give your CBD routine some time before you try to ascertain how long CBD lasts for you.
Method of Consumption Matters
Not all ways of CBD consumption lead to the same result. After deciding about the means you want to consume CBD with, you can then identify how long the results will last for you. Below, we provide some of the common ways of consuming CBD and how long the effect from each can last.
1. Tinctures: CBD tinctures are taken sublingually (under the tongue), and are commonly used to consume CBD. In order to feel the effects of CBD tinctures, one usually needs to wait for about half an hour. Thereafter, the effects can last from four to six hours.
2. Capsules: CBD capsules are no different from any other capsule. They are ingested orally, pass through the digestive system, and then move on to the liver. There, the molecules of CBD are metabolized by enzymes. Since there is a longer process for CBD capsules to reach the bloodstream, it takes longer for the effect of the capsules to show. The effects can be felt about an hour after consumption, and then last for six to eight hours.
3. Edibles and Beverages: CBD is often consumed in the form of various edibles, such as gummies, chocolates, candies, or even beverages. Just like capsules, the CBD in these edibles also have to go through the digestive system and then the liver. In order to reduce the time, it takes for the CBD to go through the digestive system, people generally consume CBD edibles on an empty stomach. You can choose to consume it with other foods as well. In fact, consuming edibles or capsules along with foods rich in fatty acids could increase the bioavailability. Generally, like capsules, the effects of edibles take up to an hour to show. Thereafter, the effects last for four to six hours.
4. Topicals: Unlike tinctures, capsules, and edibles, topicals are applied directly to the skin and not consumed orally in any form. They are generally present in the form of creams, lotions, and balms. Topical creams are great products to use when localized effects are required. Since they are absorbed by the skin and do not go through the digestive tract at all, the effects can be felt within fifteen minutes to a half hour. The effect then lasts for up to six hours.
5. Vaping: Vaping CBD oils is definitely the quickest way to feel the effects of CBD. Vaping CBD means that the lungs absorb the inhaled CBD immediately, and then send it to the bloodstream quickly as well. While the effects can be felt almost immediately, they do not last more than two or three hours. Do keep in mind that there may be some issues with vaping CBD too - these are still being studied.
At CBD Store and Organics, we have a range of CBD products that you can pick from. We ensure that our products are safe and eco-friendly. Our aim is to ensure that our products help you reach your CBD goals. To find the perfect CBD product for yourself, you can visit our shop and pick what you like.